The Vision of Kerala Association of Nashville (KAN) is to maintain a forum for malayalees to come together to celebrate, preserve and promote the rich traditions and cultural values of Kerala among friends, families, and younger generations in and around the middle Tennessee area and to assimilate into the fabric of the wealth of the local traditions, heritage and culture.
Kerala Association of Nashville (KAN) is a non-profit, secular, cultural and charitable organization:
• To promote and preserve the rich traditions, heritage and culture to the next generation of malayalees.
• To reach out to the needy and promote charitable endeavors during times of need in the community, locally and internationally, thereby developing the quality of giving.
• To provide a platform for our children to learn and share our rich cultural heritage and language.
• To provide avenues to create leaders for the betterment of the community they live in.
• To provide leadership to the community to actively participate in every civic activity in the local communities and thereby assimilate into the local culture and traditions.
Kerala Association of Nashville (KAN) members are torch bearers of centuries old traditions and values that can be traced back to 700 B.C. We are proud of the values such as honesty, integrity, compassion, respect, loyalty and diversity. Every member of this organization has inherently attained these values through our ancestors. We hold true to these values now and for the future.